QParent is an online hub for news, resources, commentary, and community that supports same-sex couples in building families and raising great kids.
The main sections of the site give you an idea of the kind of topics I’m open to. They include:
- Becoming parents: Adoption, surrogacy, assisted reproduction, step-parenting
- Parenting: Raising and caring for kids in an LGBTQ household
- Relationships: Same-sex marriage, intimacy, relationship advice
- Culture: Pop culture, home, and style content about or for queer parents
To be considered for publication, your blog post should be:
- Well-written original content that hasn’t been previously published
- Relevant to our audience of LGBTQ parents
I may copyedit your post or edit it to better match the QParent editorial style. If I do that, I’ll show you any edits before I publish your work.
QParent will promote your post on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. I encourage you to promote your posts through your own social networks as well.
QParent is currently offering an honorarium of $25 per accepted article. I wish it could be more, and I intend to raise payments for content as the site grows. Of course, you’ll always receive full credit for your work with a byline, photo, and brief bio.
How to submit an idea
Feel free to pitch me on your idea before you write a full article. This often works out better for both of us. Use the contact form to tell me about your idea.